This course is designed for workers with little or no existing knowledge of radiation protection.
On attending this course you will:
- Know what ionising radiation is and its different types.
- Be aware of the biological effects of ionising radiation and have an appreciation of the associated risks.
- Understand the basic principles of radiation protection.
- Be aware of different types of radiation monitors and their use.
- Have an overview of UK radiation protection legislation.
Aim of the course:
- achieve a basic understanding of ionising radiation
- understand the risks to health created by exposure to ionising radiation
- know the precautions that should be taken