- Every radiation employer must appoint an RPA for the purposes of securing compliance with IRR17
- It is the responsibility of the radiation employer to select an RPA who has knowledge and experience for the employer’s type of work
- New legislation states that all RPAs must possess a certificate of competence from an assessing body in order to be able to legally act as an RPA
Radiation Employer Guide: steps to take when appointing an RPA
- Ensure that the RPA holds a valid certificate from an RPA assessing body.
- Request a CV from the RPA to ensure that they have knowledge and experience relevant to your needs.
- Document the appointment in writing. Ensure that the scope of the work and expectations of the RPA are clearly stated.